Thursday, June 21, 2007

Blockbuster Hit of Next Summer!


It's the summer movie season!


The Adolescents who ultimately control our culture have gotten out of school and are eager abuse their money spending powers. Oh, what will they pay to go see?


Evan Almighty is hoping for just a few a hell of a lot of those dollars, breaking the new ground of being the most expensive comedy ever.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should have spent that money on something crazy like universal health insurance (Steve Carell is the bestest). I'm just a little suprised at this casual, shallow, comedy god-iness in this era of religious extremism, terrorism, war, and painful politicking.


That Jesus movie did pretty well for itself, but that shit was serious b. serious.


Then I saw this picture:



on boingboing.net and sparks went off in my brain.


God + comedy = risky bidness


God + violence = $$$$


God + violence + monsters = box office GOLD.


So I propose to you, movie makers, the blockbuster hit of next summer,


Jurassic Ark!




No comments: